My Holy Grail Products | Beauty

6:32 PM


Haaaaaaaaaay.

Today I decided to tell ya'll about my holy grail products, my absolute must-haves, my can't-live-withouts. And let me tell you, it takes a lot for something to end up on this list, so take everything I say to heart.

Let's jump right in!



1. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

I've been using this for a little over four years, if that tells you anything. Even when I've temporarily tried other foundations, I always find myself preferring this one. Everything about it is perfect. Although I don't really find that it does anything to help my acne, it provides great medium-to-strong coverage without feeling too heavy on my face. I fluctuate between shade 01 and 02, depending on the season and how tan I am at the time. If I want a little lighter coverage, I'll mix this foundation with a little dot of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for a more natural, glowy look. Four years strong with this one, and I really don't see myself changing to anything else anytime in the near or distant future.

2. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara (which I unfortunately/inconveniently misplaced)

Let me preface this by saying that the only experience I've had with this product is a small, sample-sized tube I received in an Ipsy bag, yet this was more than enough to land this mascara a spot on my list of holy grails. The brush is similar to a comb in the sense that it does an impeccable job of separating and extending my lashes, making them look fake in the best way possible. The texture of the mascara is more on the thick side, which is perfect for someone with lashes as thin and straight as mine. It really defines each lash, making my eyes look almost doll-like. Sure, it's expensive, but I would rather pay good money for good quality.




3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

I definitely didn't jump on the bandwagon with this moisturizer. The crowd favorite seems to be the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, so I guess I'm a bit of a deviant in that regard. However, although I've never tried the lotion variant due to my need for oil-free products, I have an affinity for the gel that I don't believe can be rivaled by any other product. This light moisturizer leaves my skin feeling cool and rejuvenated, with the perfect amount of moisturizer. It never leaves my face feeling sticky or greasy; instead, it quickly absorbs and makes my skin feel baby soft. If you're partial to the lotion, I highly recommend that you give the gel a chance.




4. MAC Cremesheen Lipsticks in "Spirit" and "Creme Cup"

These two shades are on the completely opposite end of the spectrum. Spirit is a cool, brown-tinted mauve, while Creme Cup is a nude-leaning light pink (my mom loves it so much that, on Mother's Day, her only request was that I wear this lipstick). However, both shades have the same versatility, making them perfect for any person on any occasion. Spirit makes me feel like a badass, grungey rebel, while Creme Cup makes me feel like a fun-loving goody-two-shoes. And at $15 apiece, these lipsticks really aren't too out of reach. Splurge; you won't regret it.

Side note: My roommate loved Spirit so much on me that she bought it for herself. Our complexions are pretty different (I'm much tanner than she is and have lighter hair; she's fair and dark-haired), yet the lipstick compliments both of us very well.




5. BareMinerals Matte Foundation and Mineral Veil in Original

Two in one. Like the Clinique liquid foundation, these two have been part of my makeup routine for about four years. There's not really much to say about these two except that they leave my makeup looking natural and fresh. While I use the matte foundation over my liquid foundation as a setting powder, I use the Mineral Veil as a touch-up powder throughout the day to remove any excess oil on my face.






6. The Body Shop Body Butter (currently, in pink grapefruit)

Like the Tarte mascara, I'm only on my first container of this product, but it's already proved itself worthy of being deemed a holy grail. Soft, dense, but never greasy, this body butter leaves my skin feeling pampered, not to mention it smells heavenly.



7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (original, not pink grapefruit)

I guess I'm also slightly a deviant with this product. Everyone obsesses over the pink grapefruit-scented version of this product, but I find that the regular old orange bottle does the job much more effectively. Yeah, it might smell like chemicals and definitely won't brighten your morning, but it will brighten your face. While I do find that it sometimes dries out my skin, this cleanser does an exceptional job of removing any makeup, dirt, or oil from my face. If my skin does feel tight after, I simply apply a little of my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, and I'm all set.




Well, there you go! My all-time favorites. I'm now realizing that most of these products are on the expensive side, but sometimes spending a little extra money pays off. I guarantee that all of these products are worth the money, or I wouldn't have been using them for so long!

I hope you enjoyed, talk soon!

Taylor

All photos taken by me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Most Loved